If you were to describe Mexico, the way you’d go about doing it is by using any of the following adjectives- Vibrant, full of personality, culturally rich, historic, or perhaps relaxing. However, more than these adjectives are needed to give you a complete view of what Mexico represents.
A vibrant sun-soaked country that is oozing with culture and extraordinary cuisine, a verified party lovers paradise. On the other hand, Mexico is also a country offering great relaxation with calm beaches, a sun-soaked coastline, and a whole world for explorers to uncover.
So, discover Mexico with us and find out everything you need to know about your great escape to the land of the Mayans, complete with a little guide on flights to Mexico, a short look at Mexico resorts, and much more.
Please keep reading for a customized itinerary to Mexico through our eyes to ensure you have everything you need for an all-inclusive trip to Mexico.
How to get your Visa and Book Flights
Before you even consider making Mexico your destination next, there are a few things you should know about how to get a Mexican visit visa. The next thing you should consider is flights to Mexico. But worry no longer. We have included all the information you need on visas and flights below-
Visa Application Process-
If your visa gets approved, congratulations! You have just cleared the first step towards your Mexican vacation! But that’s just the beginning.
Your next step should be to secure your accommodations and flights. As we always say here, you should always book your flights and stays in advance. There are also a variety of considerations you need to make before booking your holiday and flights if you want to save on costs-
Flight Booking Process-
When booking flights to Mexico, the process typically involves the following steps.
Travel Journal- Your Personal Itinerary
Traveling, as exciting a prospect as it can be, is also a hassle, from planning your trip to getting the visa, packing, and then flying out. It can be quite a lengthy process, and thousands of trips get canceled every year because of the hassle that such travel would cause.
But there's no need to be discouraged; there is a real pot of gold at the end of this rainbow. That is the absolute wealth of experiences that await you in the golden land. So come, let us help you plan your itinerary, complete with hotels to consider, great spots to visit, and activities you should go for.
Mexico has a variety of cities that one should consider when thinking about the best places to travel in Mexico. Still, rather than a multi-city tour, we would recommend you take your time and intimately explore one city in the three days to get the most out of your tour.
This is where Cancun comes in, considered to be amongst the best Mexico vacation spots. Staying in Cancun would require more than just a day or two; that's why we recommend looking through the available 4-day, 3-night all-inclusive vacation packages to maximize your stay and experience this region in all its glory.
Day 1: Arrival in Cancún
The best way to get to Cancun would be to look at flights to Mexico City and then take a connecting flight to your destination to save on costs.
You’re officially headed to Cancun! Great choice, but how will you ensure you get the most from your trip? \
Let's find out with this comprehensive three-day itinerary; for the best stay experience, we would recommend looking into Mexico resort lists to find out which ones are best for you. However, we have listed below-
Morning: Arrival and Check-in
- Arrive at Cancún International Airport (CUN).
- Transfer to your resort- We recommend staying at the Hyatt Ziva Cancún, the best among the many Mexico resorts in the region, a beautiful all-inclusive beachfront property comparable only to the hotels in Rosarito, Mexico.
- Check in and settle into your room.
Lunch: Resort Dining
- Enjoy a scrumptious lunch at one of the resort's restaurants, such as La Bastille for French cuisine or Habaneros for Mexican specialties.
- We recommend indulging in the local cuisine and seafood as the region is renowned for its focus on fresh catch and produce.
Afternoon: Beach Time
- Spend your afternoon relaxing on the resort's pristine beach. You can swim, sunbathe, or even try water sports.
- We would recommend going diving as the clear depths of Cancún represent an opportunity to not only refresh yourself but also indulge in relaxing exploration.
Dinner: Gourmet Dining
- For dinner, make reservations at the resort's gourmet restaurant, such as Tradewinds for seafood or Moongate, one of the leading food places in Mexico.
- If you're in the mood for more local flavors, you have the spread of street vendors and food carts selling regional classics and local favorites.
Day 2: Explore Cancún
You've had time to familiarize yourself with the environment. It's now time to get more adventurous and explore the beautiful world of Mexican Culture and history.
- Start your day with a hearty breakfast at the resort's buffet or a la carte restaurant. We recommend booking a half-board meal plan, i.e., bed and breakfast.
- Another way to approach your breakfast would be to go and explore the many local cafes that provide fresh salads and other local cuisine!
Activity: Chichen Itza Tour
- Take a day trip to the ancient Mayan city of Chichen Itza. You can book a guided tour or hire a private driver if you want to explore in a more free-flow manner.
- Explore the archaeological site, including the iconic Kukulkan Pyramid, and observe the unique history that lines the walls of this historic construction.
Lunch: Local Cuisine
- Enjoy a traditional Yucatecan meal at a local restaurant near Chichen Itza.
- We strongly encourage trying the Cochinita Pibil traditional dish. This is a classic preparation in the Yucatan province.
Afternoon: Swim in Cenote Ik Kil
- On your way back to Cancún, stop at Cenote Ik Kil for a refreshing swim in the natural sinkhole.
Dinner: Cancún Nightlife
- Return to your resort in Cancún.
- For dinner, explore the vibrant Cancún nightlife and dine at a beachfront restaurant like La Palapa.
Day 3: Relax and Departure
Day 3 represents your departure and final moments in the Mexican sun. The best way to end your trip to Mexico would be to go out with a bang, a relaxing bang. Spend your last day in vibrant Cancun lazing around and getting ready for departure in the following:-
Morning: Leisure Time
- Have a leisurely morning at the resort. You can relax by the pool, enjoy spa treatments, or participate in resort activities.
- Get a signature massage at the hotel or go to a parlor after your pool day to enjoy a relaxing massage to conclude your Mexico vacation.
Lunch: Resort Farewell
- Savor your final meal at the resort's restaurant.
Afternoon: Checkout and Transfer
- The worst part is checkout. We know you might not feel like leaving one of the best resorts in Mexico behind, which is why we advise buying something from the souvenir shop before you checkout.
- Depending on your flight schedule, you can visit Cancún's shopping areas like La Isla Shopping Village or Plaza Las Américas.
Dinner: Airport Dining
- Enjoy a meal at Cancún International Airport before your departure.
- Experience the finest of local cuisine at the restaurants available at the airport
An End to The Great Mexican Escape
The golden land calls, with all its culture, cafes, and vacation spots in Mexico, you will never feel out of place, with hospitable locals, great markets to explore, and history to discover. This Mexican destination is the ideal location for your next vacation.
What are you waiting for? Cancun is calling your name, considered widely as one of the hottest destinations for an ideal Mexico trip. Explore this beautiful country in all its vibrance and cultural glory. Don't miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime experience!